& Tea Room
Introduction to Bread Baking
Course duration: 9.30am - 5.00 pm
This course explores traditional bread recipes from the continent, and makes the most of some of Tuxford Windmill specialty flours to take you on a baking journey across the English Channel and into Europe!
The day course is suitable for beginners as well as those who have baked bread before and wish to develop their repertoire to include some traditional continental breads.
You will begin with a white flour recipe to introduce traditional hand baking techniques. Based on this we will explore the addition of savoury ingredients to add flavour and texture dimensions, as found in many classic breads from France to the Mediterranean.
We then move onto rustic loaves incorporating other ingredients and often making the most of wholemeal and seeded specialty flours that are available at Tuxford Windmill.
We will include French, Central European and Mediterranean recipes in this course, and will show you how to use a range of traditional stoneground flours and include many baking techniques that will allow you to make regional specialty breads in your own kitchen.
Expanding your baking repertoire starts here!
The cost of course is £150 which includes:
· All equipment and ingredients
· Recipes, suggested variants, and technique reminder sheets
· Discussion of the ingredients recipes and the baking techniques we encounter during the day
· Tuxford Windmill Apron
· 2-course bakers lunch (with demonstration breads made on the course), coffee/tea & refreshments during the day
· There should be an opportunity to visit the Windmill to see how the speciality stoneground flours are made
· You get to take home all that you bake!